Cognitively Guided Math Instruction- CGI Math
Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI), based upon 35 years of research, helps teachers understand how children’s mathematical ideas develop and provides an opportunity to build on their own thinking. Brockton has been a part of the CGI Math Instruction with the UCLA Mathematics Project since 2017. To learn more resources and strategies, click the link here: UCLA Center X Mathematics
Eureka Math provides the rigor, personalization, and student engagement your students need to be successful with the Common Core State Standards. This re-imagined approach to elementary math is fully aligned with the Common Core State Standards and Mathematical Practices, allowing you to focus on inspiring a love of learning.
Benchmark Advance Education Company: Benchmark Literacy
Benchmark Literacy is a comprehensive, research-proven program that empowers both experienced and beginning teachers with best-practice tools for vertically aligned K-6 reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language instruction:
- 30 weeks of comprehension-focused instruction
- Pre-, ongoing, and post-assessment
- Gradual-release mini-lessons with built-in choice
- High-quality informational, narrative, and opinion/argument texts
- Complex texts for close reading applying text-dependent strategies
- Differentiated support for English learners and special needs students
- Customized professional development services
- State-of-the-art interactive technology
Benchmark Literacy . . .
- Builds foundational skills—such as phonics, word study, and fluency-to produce proficient readers
- Scaffolds ALL students to access complex informational and literary texts during whole-group lessons during Weeks 1 and 2
- Guides students to use text evidence in close reading
- Provides opportunities for students to develop collaborative conversations
- Develops writers by teaching writing process and writing to sources
FOSS (Full Option Science System)
FOSS (Full Option Science System) is a research-based science curriculum for grades K-8 developed at the Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California, Berkeley. FOSS has evolved from a philosophy of teaching and learning that has guided the development of successful active-learning science curricula for more than 40 years. The FOSS Program bridges research and practice by providing tools and strategies to engage students and teachers in enduring experiences that lead to deeper understanding of the natural and designed worlds.
IMPACT Social Studies
IMPACT Social Studies teaches the art and strategy of inquiry as teachers model how to ask questions and do research. Students learn how to analyze sources and consider multiple perspectives as they think critically about problems, events, places, and people. Each chapter inquiry project is designed to engage students by encouraging them to ask questions and look for answers, while providing opportunities for students to work together collaboratively.
Social Emotional Learning
Harmony SEL is a social and emotional learning program for Pre-K-6 grade students, accessible online and at no cost. Harmony fosters knowledge, skills, and attitudes boys and girls need to develop healthy identities, create meaningful relationships, and engage productively by providing SEL learning resources, tools, and strategies.
Health & Wellness: Macmillan/McGraw-Hill
Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Health & Wellness provides students with accurate, standards-based health content. The program focuses on ten Health Life Skills , including teaching students to make responsible decisions and to set health goals at each grade level. It provides students with the content, skills, and the knowledge they need to lead healthy lives.